Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 48 – 7.31.10 - Memorial and B-Day Party

I was asked to volunteer at a memorial service today at Agape, and I said yes. I didn't know the person who passed. I had seen her around, but I'd never met her. I feel like I know her now and she was evidently an amazing woman. I was moved to tears by all the amazing words of praise that everyone said about her. The words most used to describe her were: "radiating love," "compassion," "passionate," "living fully," "creative," "dancer," "singer," "joie de vivre," "uplifting," "spiritual," "beautiful," "fully in her femininity." I fell in love with this woman who I'd never met, just by listening to the outpouring of love from her friends and family. I feel very uplifted by having participated in that service today. It's helped me recommit to living my life so that when I pass on my friends and family say those types of things about me.

The theme song of the memorial service was “I Hope You Dance.” It's so beautiful, I'm posting the video here:

Afterwards I went to my neice Cleo's 2nd birthday party. It was a lovely little party, but it was hard to not be eating. Day 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment