Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 2 - 6.15.10

Aliza and I

Aliza woke me up and it was so sweet to see her after 4 days away in New York. So, today is her regular day care day. Dilemma – spend the day with her or bring her to day care as normal? The 365 Answer was clear – spend the day with my daughter. I hadn't seen her in the better part of a week and there was no compelling reason to send her. So I called and said that she wouldn't be coming in today. We went to the park and I indulged her in her favorite activity – swinging. We kept swinging until she was ready to stop (not when I was ready to stop, which generally is very different). It was really great.

Later I went for a bike ride with Ali and Peter. The weather was beautiful and Ali's smile as we rode was priceless.

Tonight we celebrated Pascale's birthday. The dinner party was fabulous -- we enjoyed good food, wine and a bottle of Pascale's 1999 Dom Perignon. Sweet! And this was all with my husband's ex-wife, her current boyfriend, and her ex-boyfriend. What a truly modern family I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment