Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 24 – 7.7.10 - The People Whisperer

Today I participated in a pilot for a friend -- The People Whisperer with Marcus Lovemore. There was a "cooking"/nutrition segment and I was I was one of the three audience members tasting the final results. I put "cooking" in quotations because the cuisine was "raw primal" and there was no cooking involved. It was very delicious though.

Afterwards, there was a bodywork/healing segment and I got some bodywork done. It was a type of Maori healing technique. I thought I was going to get a nice relaxing massage -- something subtle, soft, and quiet like a whisper. Oh no! It was more like a bludgeoning or a form of torture. I might have to tell my friend the show's title is misleading. That being said, the healing did help a shoulder issue that I've been having for years. So it's painful, but effective. Anyway, it was an adventure and I loved being able to help out a friend.

On the drive home I heard James Taylor and Carole King on NPR today talking about their concert tour. They close the concert with James Taylor's Close Your Eyes song. This portion of the lyrics seemed to particularly speak to this challenge for me:

So close your eyes; You can close your eyes, it's all right; I don't know no love songs; And I can't sing the blues anymore; But I can sing this song; And you can sing this song; When I'm gone.”

This made me think -- what is the song that I'm singing this year and what is the song that I'm leaving for others to sing when I'm gone? I hope it's a love song.


No comments:

Post a Comment