Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 21 - 7.4.10 - Independence Day

Mika and Ali celebrating on the beach

Today is the Fourth of July. This morning Peter and I went for a run around the neighborhood and then I went to Agape. I focused on pre-paving the day with intention and things went very smoothly: easy driving, easy parking, easy seating. It was wonderful.

Afterwards, we went down to Huntington Beach to celebrate the holiday with Justine with friends and family, Bonita, Robert, Mika, Pascale and the kids. It was a nice day of fun in the sun. I've just gotten home and I realized that I lost a little something today by not quite being in the spirit of this Project. Traffic leaving these 4th of July celebrations in LA can be horrible, so I stressed out and was packing up during the fireworks show. This was supposed to be my last Independence Day and I didn't take time to appreciate the fireworks. That made me sad, but I will do better next time (not just next year, but next moment).


No comments:

Post a Comment