Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 6 – 6.19.10

I was very much reminded of why I'm doing this project today. I attended a memorial party for Joanne Golden – the mother of two friends of mine. It was a beautiful party – filled with friends and family. People were eating, drinking, and enjoying themselves. It was the way that I would want to be remembered and celebrated at the end of my life.

I left the memorial a bit early to attend a baby shower. I was really experiencing the spectrum of human life today. My friend Cindy is having a baby boy. We gathered in the backyard of a girlfriend and enjoyed more good food, champagne, and quality time.

Later Peter and I went to see Jamie Lidell in concert at the El Rey Theater. I won the tickets on KCRW. I didn't really know him, but he was a great act and we really enjoyed ourselves. I love music, so I'm going to take as much advantage of these opportunities as I can (especially when they're free).

Here is a youtube video of Jamie Lidell that night at the El Rey.

No comments:

Post a Comment