Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 33 – 7.16.10 - Planning My Trip(s)

Today I went to visit my brother, sister-in-law and niece who had just gotten back from a trip to Spain. I spent some time looking over their pictures and that familiar longing started to hit me. I want to travel! And it's my Last Year Project and traveling is a big part of that. Alas, unlike my hypothetical I don't have an unlimited pot of money that I can use (at least not yet), so I was feeling like I would start planning my trip after I got some extra money. I realized that it doesn't really work that way. I'll start planning the trip and the means will come.

So, when I got home I started doing some research. I want to go to Machu Picchu, so when's the best time of year? From what I saw May and September are the ideal times. I would love to go this September, but Peter is going to be in Australia from late August to early September. I want to travel with him and that will be too much time for him to be away in one stretch. So May it shall be. I went on the aa.com website and saw that I could travel to Peru in May for merely 30,000 miles per person. We have enough miles for Peter and I to travel!!! Yeah! I'm still in planning stages, but it's coming together. Yippee!!!

Machu Picchu here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment